Monday, November 11, 2013

veterans day



Today is Veterans Day; a day in which we honor all of the brave men and women who have served in armed service.

My dad (in the photo) is a WWII veteran. He's 89 years old now, but he still hits the floor when he hears a loud noise; a door slam; a car backfire, etc. Dad served his country gladly, because he believed it was the right thing to do, and says that he would do it again today if they called him.

Every Veterans Day I think of Dad as a very young man, leaving New York City on a ship bound for Europe. He said he watched the Statue of Liberty from the back of the boat as they left the harbor, until she was out of sight; wondering if he would live to see her again one day…

I want to thank my dad, and thank all of the veterans who have given their time, their energy, and sometimes their lives, protecting and defending our country.

Happy Veterans Day! And I love you Dad...

C

No comments:

Post a Comment