Wednesday, November 13, 2013

take a chill pill...


Yesterday, I had my twice yearly dental checkup/teeth cleaning appointment at 7 am. I always go early, so it doesn't interfere with my plans for the day. But yesterday, I had one of those days; a gloriously beautiful day that stretched out in front of me; a day that I could have accomplished so much; and all I wanted to do was lay around, play with my dog, Ralph, take a long nap, and watch Castle reruns.

Have you ever wondered why on some days your energy level flat-lines? When it happens to me,  it's best that I just go with it. Shutting down sometimes feels like the right thing to do. No guilt; no pressure; just accept the fact that I need to relax, and do something that isn't necessary, relevant, or quality.

I think it's important to give yourself permission to chill out occasionally. A 24 hour break from the hustle and bustle is good for the mind, body, and soul.

This morning? I'm ready to take on the world!

C

No comments:

Post a Comment