Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I think this year is going to be fabulous! I can just feel it. I'm not a huge resolution maker, because I can't stand the pressure of trying to live up to my insanely unrealistic standards of excellence; and then, of course, suffer the inevitable letdown when I fail. It's all too masochistic, and I won't do it.

On the other hand, one must have a plan. My plan for 2014 is simple; to make better use of my time. That's it. I'm pretty spontaneous; which is a nice way of saying I'm easily distracted. However, most of the time, that's actually a good thing, because some of my best adventures have been the result of avoiding doing something else. But occasionally, I'm just wasting time.

And time is too precious to waste...

I will share my plan with you throughout the year as I make it up. But right now, the plan for today is to drink good coffee, make a big pot of soup with a ham hock, black-eyed peas, and lots of vegetables, and watch old movies; Splendor In The Grass and the 1968 version of The Thomas Crown Affair this afternoon; and tonight, Journey To The Center Of The Earth!

Have a great day, and Happy New Year!

xoxo C

No comments:

Post a Comment